- The Jr. Beta Club is committed to providing students a positive experience in a supportive manner while recognizing and promoting academic achievement, encouraging service to others, and developing character and leadership skills.
- Requirements: By the end of the 3rd Nine Week Grading Period, a student must have earned a 3.5 cumulative grade point average. Three teacher recommendations are needed as well.
- Penny Lane (members collect change for two weeks in September – All money collected is donated to the Prince George Animal Shelter)
- Harvest Moon Dance Marathon (money collected is donated to St. Jude Children’s Hospital)
- Stuck for a Buck
We offer many clubs and organizations for our students to join and be active participants. Please look over all the activities and choose one that fits YOU !
Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
- The Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), a Christ-centered, Bible-based ministry, was an idea born in Don McClanen’s heart in 1947 when he was a student at what is now Oklahoma State University. Later as a college coach, he envisioned athletes and coaches presenting Christ throughout the nation. McClanen’s vision officially became FCA in 1954. Today, FCA is touching millions of lives……one heart at the time. FCA challenges coaches and athletes on the professional, college, high school, middle school and youth levels to use the powerful medium of sport to impact the world for Jesus Christ. FCA is the largest ministry of its type in the world. FCA focuses on serving local communities by equipping, empowering and encouraging people to make a difference for Christ.
- Application: You can pick up an application from Mr. Cancino or in the library. You do not have to be on a team or an athlete to be a member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes; you just have to have a want to make a difference for Christ.
The Royal Steppers
Advisers - Latoya Ford
- The role of the step team is to give students an opportunity to express their talents creatively and positively through choreographed rhythmic movements in a structured environment, while representing JEJ Moore Middle School and Prince George County.
- Our Slogan: Stepping To Excellence Proudly
- 6th Grade Application/Tryout Process: -Sept.9-13 (Applications available in B-13) -Sept. 16 (All applications are due and must be fully completed. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.) -Week of Sept. 16 Tryouts dates will be announced. Tryouts are a 3 day process. 1st day learn the routine; 2nd day practice the routine; 3rd day perform learned routine in front of a panel to be judged. -Depending on the numbers from the 6th grade tryouts, 7th grade tryouts will be held. 7th grade tryouts will be rigorous due to the fact 7th graders had the opportunity to tryout last year as 6th graders. 7th grade tryouts TBA
Student Crew (Book Fair)
Advisers - Christie Ginther
- Applications available 9/10/13; Applications due by 9/29/13. The Student Crew helps plan, advertise, and set-up an exciting, themed book fair (with a calendar of events). We have two fairs each school year – one in the fall and one in the spring. Students who are selected for the crew will help with both fairs. Creative, hard-working students: We need your help!